Saturday, May 1, 2010

Olé Béltre


Adrian Beltre was billed as a defensive master mind with a swing that was supposedly patented for the odd angles of ye ol Fenway Park. So far the master mind has managed to tally up the most errors on the team. But it's OK, because here is what he had to say about his poor play:

I’m not trying to be bad. I’m not trying to let everybody down.

Well, it's good to know that he isn't trying to be bad. He also doesn't say anywhere that he's trying to be good. I'm a little confused. Could you help me, Adrian?

I’m just not playing the way I should be playing.

Ah, yes, well I could have told you that.

Adrian is batting .338 right now but let it be known that his .338 is one of the quietest you could ever imagine. He's not pelting the ball off the Monster like everyone said he would (he has 1 double off the wall) and he's definitely not ripping the ball with runners on, hence his 9 total RBIs with such a well maintained average. If everyone can get on Ortiz after 2 or 3 games, I say it's time to get on Beltre to step up the D and start knocking some guys around the bases.

Now if you would please excuse me I have a tee time to catch. Thank you.

No comments: